Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit http://www.fabickcat.com/.
- Develop/Implement overall safety strategy to drive results.
- Investigate industrial accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures; to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future and to report or review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing.
- Responsible for the development of comprehensive, site-specific Health and Safety policies and procedures, analysis of comprehensive Hazard Analyses, Health and Safety training programs to address site-specific operational and safety functions.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
- Review employee safety programs to determine their adequacy.
- Interview employers and employees to obtain information about work environments and workplace incidents.
- Interpret safety regulations for others interested in industrial safety such as safety engineers, labor representatives, and safety inspectors.
- Maintain liaisons with outside organizations such as fire departments, mutual aid societies, and rescue teams, so that emergency responses can be facilitated.
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Verify that safety equipment is available to employees, and monitor their use of such equipment to ensure proper fit and use.
- Prepare and review specifications and orders for the purchase of safety equipment, ensuring that proper features are present and that items conform to health and safety standards.
- Prepare documents to be used in legal proceedings, testifying in such proceedings when necessary.
- Must work with OSHA, MSHA, and other pertinent federal and state regulatory agencies.
- Manages and implements Supervisor and Manager Health and Safety program, and Workers Compensation. Will conduct site specific safety audits, and manage audit reporting.
- Actively participate in Operations and Corporate site Health and Safety promotions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety or related field is required.
- 5-7 years experience in Health and Safety managing and implementing programs.
- Must have extensive experience in OSHA, MSHA and DOT.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Strong presentation skills are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other business software applications is required.
- The ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality is required.
Special Physical Requirements
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Ability to travel >50% of the time. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions.
Director of Human Resources
One Fabick Drive
Fenton Missouri 63026