Location: Waukesha, WI
From NASA to your Neighborhood Gaco Western leads the industry through product Innovation. The Gaco family of brands offer best-of-class solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial, and residential applications. These applications include specialty coatings for commercial roof, pedestrian, and traffic decking; spray polyurethane insulation for commercial, industrial and residential applications; specialty roof and deck coatings for residential. Products are available nationwide.
Gaco Western’s greatest resource is our employees! We are proud of our engaged culture of employees who are committed to our customers and creating superior and innovative products. We are looking for people who are driven, collaborative, enthusiastic and love what they do. If you enjoy working hard, having fun and being a part of a high-growth company please review our open positions.
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager is responsible for developing, planning, directing and managing company EHS programs.
- Recognizes, evaluates, recommends, and implements policies and procedures to assure awareness of and compliance with all regulatory and safety requirements of the organization. Works with and provides direction to all plant, lab, field service and office personnel in regards to regulatory and safety requirements.
- Responsible for establishing SOPs and ensuring compliance with all applicable local, state, federal, and international regulations pertaining to health and safety, the environment, and the handling, testing, labeling, shipping, application and disposal of hazardous materials processed, manufactured or otherwise used at Gaco Western facilities.
- Create and administer formal inspection process – focusing on unsafe conditions as well as unsafe acts. Reviews incident trends and adjusts programs focus accordingly. Drives all actions to timely completion and final closure.
- Interface with and provide all necessary reports to Federal, State and local agencies.
- Develop, provide, and continuously improve a Safety and DOT Training program that remain fresh and relative to EH&S initiatives. Ensure training documentation is maintained for all employees.
- Promotes communication programs to enhance and encourage employee awareness of accident and fire prevention, industrial hygiene and environmental compliance.
- Work closely with the Operations staff to continually increase safety awareness and to drive lasting cultural changes to support a safety-first culture.
- Manage changes covering safety requirements for new processes or equipment/chemical changes for current processes.
- Lead hazard review process for both new and existing processes.
- Inspires a culture of safety and collaboration and by any means available.
- Responsible for Worker’s Comp case management, investigation, follow up and back to work process.
- Minimum Bachelors degree (BS) (Master’s preferred) in Environmental Science/EH&S/Industrial Safety/Engineering or closely related technical field and/or a 8-10 years of work related experience and/or training.
- Experience working in a chemical manufacturing environment is essential. Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and/or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) are preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of international, federal, state and local environmental health and safety and transportation regulations.
- Strong computer skills utilizing MS Office products.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, presentation and proven training skills.
- Mechanical and engineering aptitude.
- Familiarization with construction, building and fire codes.
Gaco Western is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. The objective of the Company is to recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels, the best qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information and any additional status protected by federal, state, provincial or local laws.