MAI/Genesis Industries Inc. represents a family of multi-faceted manufacturers and brands that service the Animal Health Industry, under one common ownership. Founded by Mark L. Anderson, DVM, MAI/Genesis Industries Inc. draws on more than four decades of veterinary expertise with a commitment to improving both the quality and efficiency of animal healthcare solutions. With our veterinary experience and manufacturing expertise, we supply innovative, practical solutions to enhance the lives of animals and their caregivers.
Our MAI/Genesis is looking for a seasoned Environmental Health and Safety Professional who can be a team contributor to MAI/Genesis.
- Develop and maintain safety procedures and programs to comply with all federal, state, and local safety regulations.
- Promote Safety awareness with all employees
- Resource for all safety, health and environmental information.
- Investigate accidents to identify causes and to determine how similar incidents can be prevented in the future.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices, to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Participate in any OSHA or environmental investigations.
- Identify training needs and conduct safety training for all employees.
- Provide new employee health and safety orientations and develop materials for these presentations.
- Work with human resources to manage workers compensation claims.
- Responsible for completing environmental reporting for the facility.
- Organize and lead plant safety committees.
- Maintain all safety records for the facility.
- Develop metrics to support and drive safety performance, monitor results and implement safety related initiatives to continually improve safety performance.
- Manage hazardous waste program
- Conduct safety audits of facility and ensure follow-up with items found on audits.
- Write Safety Data Sheets for company products
JOB SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 6 to 10 years of relevant safety experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations
- Working knowledge of workers compensation law
- Knowledge of environmental regulations
- Solid computer skills
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
Please submit letters of interest and resumes to email@example.com.