Seda North America in Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin is the first U.S. manufacturing location for a privately owned, multinational packaging group located headquartered in Naples Italy. Seda produces a broad range of paper food packaging products, like unique insulated coffee cups, yogurt squeeze tubes, grab & go snack containers and brightly printed popcorn tubs for movie theaters. More on us can be found here: www.sedapackaging.com
The Facilities Engineer will ensure the delivery of Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities services to the plant. The engineer will also provide direction in assessing, determining and executing facility capital expenditures and maintenance enhancement needs with significant focus on improving productivity.
- Provides management of facilities employees to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management.
- Conducts layouts, coordinates outside contractors, and supervises construction of plant expansions or alterations.
- Ensures mechanical and electrical expertise is available to production and other departments to maintain production systems.
- Determines and reviews all manufacturing processes with Project Management Team for cost effectiveness and feasibility, both before and after engineering releases to manufacturing.
- Prepares all departmental budgets as necessary; ensures conformance as required.
- Develops, reports and analyzes key performance indicators to create and implement corrective actions
- Collaborates with plant management and project teams to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability and overall equipment effectiveness utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Utilizes a computerized maintenance management system to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventive maintenance
- Determines priorities with the manufacturing team and implements cost-reduction projects
- Coordinates company’s safety efforts with outside regulatory agencies such as OSHA, EPA, etc.; ensures conformity to regulations as well as internal safety practices. Anticipate, prepare and submit required regulatory filings to Federal, state and local government agencies based on knowledge of requirements and technical data involved.
- Support the creation and implementation of Seda, NA EHS programs, compliance strategies and sustainable management systems through effective communication/planning with plant management and employees, including ongoing dialogue, coaching and reinforcement as needed.
- Responsible for supporting the development, implementation, maintenance and ongoing improvement of food safety/quality system.
- Shares “best practices” within the Maintenance and Facilities Departments
- Extensive experience with electronics, electrical and mechanical maintenance, including management of compressed air
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs, ability to lead others through change
- Excellent and effective in problem solving
- English communication skills (Speaking/Writing)
- Strong planning and organizing skills with a proven ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team
Bonus Points to Candidates with the following!
- Bilingual Spanish/English or Italian/English
- Cup forming experience
- Packaging company experience
- SAP or other ERP system experience
- A Great attitude
- A willingness to learn new things and grow professionally
Seda, provides a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(K) Retirement Plan with match, paid holidays and vacation days.
Seda North America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Seda North America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Ms. Stacy Alan