Under the direction of the Health, Safety, Environmental & Facilities Manager, the Field Service HSE Specialist develops, leads and administers the Field Service organization’s environmental, health and safety programs.
- Travel to customer sites in North America to perform safety audits (50%)
- Promotes and ensures the health and safety of employees and protection of the environment through responsive and proactive HSE programs. Protect employees from accidents and environmental hazards while ensuring compliance with regulations. Establishes performance target objectives aligned with strategic ABB direction in core functions (Safety and Environmental) and monitors achievement of.
- Act as consultant to Field Service personnel and management in health, ergonomic and safety related issues. Identify opportunities for improvement in the HSE program in regards to compliance, management systems, and culture. Develop, recommend and implement appropriate corrective measures.
- Act as an Electrical Safety Person in Charge of Work, ensure electrical permits to work are completed and ABB electrical safe work practice are followed.
- Develop recommendations to reduce costs and improve organizational effectiveness.
- Support the incident investigation process to ensure proper root cause, corrective actions, and preventative measures are taken. Ensure process for filing necessary reports and documentation is followed. Train and develop operations leadership in effective incident investigation.
- Develop, conduct and maintain HSE training and orientation programs, maintain records as appropriate.
- Maintain all safety and compliance records for employees and the facilities supported.
- Keeps apprised of developments in federal and state safety and environmental regulations likely to affect the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree and 5 years’ experience in health and/or safety and/or environmental
*A Master’s Degree in required field = Credit given for 2 years of work experience.
*A PhD/Doctorate in required field = Credit given for 3 years of work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety or Safety Engineering or a directly related field
- 5+ years of directly related experience in a manufacturing or field service environment.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and employee relations skills.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization
- Certification as a Safety Professional First Responder or other applicable certifications
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E and electrical safe work practices
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% throughout North America